Combat veterans’ groups: The traumatic experience of combat can leave painful scars in the mind, body and spirit of a warrior. You may be heading down a path that you don’t like and would like some comrades to help redirect you. Have you strayed from your faith or lost your spirituality, or think that Post Traumatic Stress (PTS) is affecting your relationships? Maybe you just want to talk and listen to others and gain an understanding of your feelings and thoughts through fellowship with other combat veterans. Join our bi-monthly meetings!
Atlanta meetings are the first and third Thursday each month 7:00-8:30
Goals and Objectives:
• To empower Combat Veterans to make choices using biblical principles.
• To promote healing through spiritual strength and camaraderie.
• To gain an understanding of traumatic experiences through the sharing of identified triggers and learned coping skills.
• To openly share your story; your feelings; your emotions; your recovery pros and cons, and other daily issues and concerns you want to discuss.
• To learn acceptance and forgiveness, for yourself and others.
• To rebuild and strengthen your faith in a way that allows you to regain your identity and renew a spiritual relationship with God.
• To connect veterans to VA benefits, services, and resources.
• To repair and reconnect the fractured military family.
• To improve Combat Veterans’ lives by providing healing and mutual support through the sharing of unseen wounds of war.
• To restore hope and defeat isolation.
• To lend a helping hand to members of the church and community in need of physical and financial assistance.