GROW stands for Gardening, Rehabilitation, Outreach, and Wellness. AboutFace offers more than group sessions and family empowerment. We now offer vocational training. Project GROW is for veterans and other adults with special needs (ages 14 and up) who want to be self-sufficient as entrepreneurs or employees. Teams of two or three people work together, with the veteran as the team leader. They learn about hydroponic gardening and nutrition, horse farming and fodder system management, and more (equine therapy, bee-keeping, chicken/egg production, and farm equipment maintenance). This vocational course includes business management, business finance, and marketing, and entrepreneurial skills training and coaching.
Project GROW is a partnership effort between AboutFace and Bearfoot Ranch. Our expectation is to collaborate with other community horse farms to incorporate project GROW and encourage the hiring of veterans and other adults with special needs.
Additionally, AboutFace offers the following programs and services:
- Support groups for veterans
- Support groups for family members
- Financial guidance and assistance
- Employment and education guidance
- Wellness guidance – Mind, body, and spiritual
- VA benefits assistance
- Jail diversion mentorships – Mature veterans taking a personal interest in a specific veteran or veteran family
- Military culture presentations – For local business, government, and community organization leaders
- Collaboration services – For local heath and wealth service providers
- Special events
As AboutFace grows, health and wealth education, support programs and other activities will be added to our list of services. If you were hoping to find a program that isn’t listed above, please contact us.
Contact us to ask questions, participate, schedule a presentation, to join as a collaborator or volunteer.