The Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)
Family caregivers have an important role in supporting the health and wellness of Veterans. Find out if you may be eligible and how to apply for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC).
If you are a family member caring for a veteran who needs assistance, download this 10-10cg form from https://www.va.gov/find-forms/about-form-10-10cg/ .
Go to the VA Website to complete it online here: https://www.va.gov/family-member-benefits/apply-for-caregiver-assistance-form-10-10cg/vet-1#start
You may be eligible if you and the Veteran you’re caring for meet all of these requirements.
All of These Must Be True For The Veteran You’re Caring For
- The Veteran has a VA disability rating (individual or combined) of 70% or higher
- The Veteran was discharged from the U.S. military or has a date of medical discharge
- The Veteran needs at least 6 months of continuous, in-person personal care services
Eligibility Requirements For The Family Caregiver
You must be at least 18 years old, and at least one of these must be true for you:
- You’re a spouse, son, daughter, parent, stepfamily member, or extended family member of the Veteran
- You live full time with the Veteran
- You’re willing to live full time with the Veteran if we designate you as a family caregiver